Monday, February 8, 2016

OMFG Chicken with stuffing and "gravy" - #29daysseducedbybruce - day 8 of 29

I'm just going to start by saying if my mom had been here I would have slapped her, punched her in the throat, and then eaten hers too.  And before all of you rush out to warn her of my violent tendencies, I've already shared that very thought with her.

This dinner was the shit.  It was so good that Nathan had thirds, and then cried when there was none left.  I realize that's not saying much, cuz the kid likes to eat.  After this was done I made a quick batch of garlic mashed potatoes to serve with it.  Next time I'll add some broccoli, or other green veg, to balance out the color scheme.  But HOLY SHIT BUCKETS, THIS IS GOING IN A HEAVY ROTATION.

One note, where it calls for "stuffing mix" you literally pour it over dry.  Don't make the stuffing mix according to package directions.  As it is, this produces a very moist "institutional dressing and gravy" type mix when it's done.  If you make the dressing in advance it'll be waaaay too damp.  If you make it, let me know in advance and you can borrow my punching bag (sorry mommy), and definitely let me know if you enjoyed it.




Crock Pot Chicken, Gravy and Stuffing

Source, www.food.com

Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs

Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breasts, boneless 
salt 
pepper 
1 cup chicken broth 
4 -6 slices swiss cheese 
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup 
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup 
1/4 cup milk 
2 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing 
1/2 cup butter, Melted 

Notes / Directions
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour Chicken broth over breasts.

2. Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast. Combine both cans of soup and milk.

3. Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix over all.

4. Drizzle melted butter on top.

5. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.

0 comments: