Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's the Great Pumpkin, Chuck

I recently came across this blog called, "I'm Remembering" and have become an instant fan. It's a tad off my generation, it recalls the 80's and 90's, but I still relate to (and had) many of the things that Hillary remembers on her blog. Last night, in particular, I almost shat myself when I saw a post for these fantastic looking pies from McDonald's. Pumpkin PIE, bitches. For reals. (FYI: One of the things I love the most about Hillary's rememberings are the tags she assigns to each post...they're almost as hysterical as the things she remembers from the 80's!) If you're not reading I'm Remembering, run, don't walk, and subscribe to the RSS feed. (You can also become a fan of the I'm Remembering Facebook Page!)

I couldn't stop obsessing about McDonald's Pies today. At one point my next husband posted a status update that read, "now where did I put my Pumpkin Spice Latte?...oh that's right...Starbucks," and it got me thinking about that god damn fabulous Pumpkin Pie from McDonald's again. So I got on the McDonald's website and almost shat myself a second time when I saw that they had JUST POSTED, TODAY, an update to their nutritional calendar (dated TODAY!) with PUMPKIN PIE back on the menu. I did what any self-respecting queer would do.

I called TJ, my McDonald's fix, and promised him a blow-job if he would bring me a dozen of them when he came over to watch Project Runway tonight. He declined the blow-job (damn straight men), but didn't show up to mi casa empty handed tonight. And so, I give you...

The shittiest tasting pie I've ever had in my life. Honestly, don't get me wrong. I'm sure they're delicious when they're fresh. But TJ admitted that these aren't McDonald's "top sellers" and the pie(s) he brought me had all been sitting there since 1983, the last time McDonald's had them. I almost broke a tooth on the first one. He suggested I try one fresh...and I will, I promise.

Oh, by the way. I'll be 40 in 40 days. I'll try to give you a post a day until then. I know you're thrilled.

0 comments: