Friday, July 27, 2012

Juicetastic (Day 2)

So the first full day of juicing is under my belt.  It wasn’t horrible.  It wasn’t fantastic.  It was, eh.  If I’m being 100% honest, I was super grouchy when I got home.  I don’t know what that was about, but things that shouldn’t have bothered me bothered me WAY more than they should.  Issues that have come up since Wednesday:

·         I could not stop peeing yesterday.  Seriously, I peed at least 100 times.  I peed 9 times in 15 minutes before leaving work.  Then I peed three times on the way home from work.  (Note to self, retire white ceramic mug in back of Jeep.)

·         Time management is going to be an issue.  I had to make the juices for today in two batches.  I started last night, while I was grumpy, and only managed to get two of the juices needed for today made before we had guests over for Project Runway and Game of Thrones.  So I had to clean everything up and wake up early today to make the rest.  The prep work takes the longest…washing everything.  Once that’s all done, it’s a breeze.  Adding to the time management is washing all of the jars (18/day) is a huge time suck.  I’m spending 2.5 hours on my feet in front of the sink washing dishes and fruit. 

·         This plan is hella expensive.  For the two (three, cuz I’m making it for my co-worker, CO, too) of us, it’s about $30/day for all the fruits and veggies I need every day.  And, I’m going through some items at an alarming rate.  For example, I went through 12 apples last night for today’s juices. 

·         I already miss the social aspect of eating.  I LOVE sitting with my kids and eating dinner every night.  Talking about their day and yelling at them to eat their food.  Last night I made them bacon cheeseburgers for dinner.  The food smelled so good.  But as soon as everything was made I put it on the table for them and then had to go lay down because I couldn’t stand the thought of sitting there and smelling sweet, delicious, bacon and lightly charred beef.  The Aussie didn’t address this issue in his movie.  He sort of touched on it, but…
Despite all this, I lost 5.7 pounds from Wednesday.  So I can’t complain.  I’m sure I’ll be able to work out these issues.  Some of the juices I’ve made have been spectacular. 

Watermelon, Pineapple, Ginger Juice – The Bomb.
Apple, Carrot, Ginger Juice – The Bomb.

0 comments: