Sunday, November 8, 2009

On the eighth day of Fredmas my true love gave to me

ASTROBOY (***SPOILER ALERT)

I wanted to give Jed a break today, so he could study, and decided to take the boys to a movie.  They’ve been asking to see “Astroboy” sine McDonald’s switched out their toy give-a-ways in their Happy Meals this month.  The previews looked cute enough.  I felt like it was going to be a modern day version of Pinocchio.  The beginning of the movie caught me a little off-guard.  Cuz I thought Astroboy was a robot and was surprised to see that he was already a “real boy”…a real boy who dies in a horrible industrial accident while he’s trying to get his workaholic douche nozzle dad’s attention.  That was BIG fun explaining to Adrian in the theater.  Following the death of his son, douche nozzle feels like a dick and decides to build a robot version of his son to make up for being a shitty father and relieve some of his guilt.  Except for the sobbing at the beginning, Adrian actually enjoyed most of the rest of the movie.  Nathan never stopped sobbing.  Fun times.

 

KERBEY LANE

We said our farewells to Amy this morning after a delicious breakfast at Kerbey Lane.  We ended up having to go to the location on the drag this morning because there was a 3 hour wait at the Kerbey Lane location.  The drag location kind of skeeves me out a bit.  Perhaps it’s because I obsessively watch KVUE’s “Food For Thought” segment and have seen that location on it twice when they’ve failed their city health inspections.

 

SLACKER

I have NO idea what to do for Nathan’s birthday this year.  My folks are coming down next weekend to celebrate his birthday and may be expecting some time of party…but I’ve not planned anything and have no idea what to do.  Suggestions?  He’ll be four, so strippers are definitely out this year.

0 comments: