Friday, November 6, 2009

On the sixth day of Fredmas my true love gave to me

A POWER NAP

I took my last nap of unemployment today and woke up feeling refreshed and anxious about the amount of things that I could have gotten done over the last 7 months, but didn’t.  The good news is, now I’m making money again and can afford to pay someone to do it for me! 

 

DINNER AT SAGO

One of our new favorite places to eat here in town is Sago.  DELICIOUS “modern Mexican”.  We went tonight for a celebratory dinner of margaritas, brisket quesadillas, shrimp salad, and hot dogs.  I love the fact that, before 8, everything on the menu is so dirt cheap.  For all we got tonight, we didn’t spend a whole lot.  It was worth every.single.penny.

 

FAMILY

I’m reminded tonight of how truly grateful I am for my wonderful family, and my friends who are my family.  We’ve had a tremendous amount of support over the last 7 months from so many people that I couldn’t possibly thank everyone enough for all they mean to me.  When you come from having so much to having “nothing”, you realize how much you really do have in life and how little you really need to maintain a wonderful quality of life when you have so many awesome people to share your life with you.  Take a moment to sit back and count your many blessings.  (And that’s not just the two margaritas talking…or maybe it is!)

0 comments: