Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On the eleventh day of Fredmas my true love gave to me

A BAPTISM BY FIRE

I seriously underestimated the number of things I would be able to get done while going back to work.  I think I may need to hire an assistant.  Any takers?

 

WORST FATHER OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO…

My baby boy’s 4th birthday is coming us so very quickly and I have COMPLETELY dropped the ball.  I may add this responsibility to my new assistant.  My folks are coming down this weekend expecting to celebrate his birthday with him and I have AB.SO.LUTELY nothing planned.  I’m a dick.

 

THE SHORTEST SOCCER SEASON, EVER

I can’t believe we’ve already finished Adrian’s first soccer season.  Okay, not technically, yet…but he’s only got two more games before the season is over.  He’s done amazingly well.  He LOVES soccer.  I can’t tell if he actually digs the game or is more into the uniform.  But he loves it.  Hopefully next season’s practices are later in the afternoon so I can take him again.  As it stands right now, I’ve lost the ability to take him.  The downside to a later practice is it’s so dark outside by 530 right now.  His team, literally, practices in the dark…which may explain why they seem to be so good!

 

CONSTITUTIONAL LAW

I’m sitting in my Con Law class right now, on break, of course, having just listened to a very brief discussion on the Equal Protection clause as it could potentially “change” the face of gay rights.  I’m a bit disappointed, frankly, because we were promised an “extensive” discussion on gay rights and it amounted to a whopping 7 minute discussion.  We’ve had a 9-hour discussion on racial inequalities, gay rights get a whopping SEVEN FUCKING MINUTES.  Maybe he’ll pick it up again after the break?  I’ll report back tomorrow. 

0 comments: