Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Bug

Photobucket

Our sweet little bug is cursed with one of those shitty birthdays. Not nearly as bad as Christmas day, but pretty darned close. Last year his birthday fell ON Thanksgiving day. There were exactly three people here for his second birthday party…me, Jed, and Adrian. We felt like awesome parents that year. Fortunately he wasn’t old enough to realize how bad his party sucked. Jed and I decided we’d start celebrating his birthday on my birthday to be sure folks would be around to help him celebrate. After all, lerd knows I’ve had plenty of times to celebrate over the years, now it’s time to pass the torch.

Today we celebrated our birthdays together. I got to spend my birthday morning sleeping in and was greeted by a fantastic, albeit out of tune, version of “Happy Birthday Daddy” by the boys. THEN, I got my annual supply of socks n’ undies that I ask for ALONG with a pair of super swell Superman pajama bottoms, cuz I rock like that. Then I went to my lil’ neighborhood coffee shop to get my morning Joe. Shortly afterwards Jed’s mom and Aunt Jan came to play with us for the day. We started with a yummy lunch at Amaya’s Taco Village with some hot delicious chicken enchiladas. Then while Yia Yia, Jed and Adrian went shopping for party supplies, Jan and I stayed home while Nathan napped and we watched the UT game.

Late in the afternoon we had a house FULL of friends and extended family come by to celebrate Naterbug’s birthday with pizza and juice (and beer!).

Photobucket

Everyone took turns taking swings at the requisite piñata

Photobucket

Photobucket

Followed by a version of “pin the tail on the donkey” called “stick the nose on the lion”.

Photobucket

Then we ate birthday cake. Our friend Beth made the Elmo cake and I made the strawberry layered chocolate cake with chocolate icing and strawberries on top.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We wrapped the evening up with opening more presents than any 1 three year old would ever need in his life.

Photobucket

I can’t speak for Nathan, but this has been a really fantastic birthday.

7 comments:

Fairy Princess Holly said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Did you save me some cake, by chance?? ;)

Fairy Princess Holly said...

oh yeah....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Muah!

Mandie said...

Happy Birthday to you both and glad to see that it was a fun time for all! I know how Nate feels I always got birthday/Christmas gifts from everyone.
XOXO
Mandie

Stars and Tartan said...

I love that last picture of you and Nathan! I say frame it :)

I am so glad you all had a great birthday.

Love to you and Naterbug!

Walt said...

I'll wear my Aquaman pants when you wear your Superman pants and we'll have an impromptu Justice League meeting.

Nate looks like he had the time of his life. That's awesome!!

Rebel Yankee said...

oh gosh, how cute is that little boy? Seriously.
Happy birthday to you both!

Breenlantern said...

Happy (belated) birthday, handsome....sorry I missed it...moving and all...when you come for a visit you'll SO appreciate the sacrifice of not celebrating your day with you to provide this fabulous vacation spot at Chez Breen! And I already HAVE the superman pants...and that Spider-Man action figure...and that argyle sweater...nuff said